To our Bloomeffects Community,
We would like to start off by extending a huge thank you to our worldwide community for the positivity and love that you bring to us every single day - we love and appreciate it greatly.
Our recent pause from social media has allowed us time to reflect on the issues surrounding racism, discrimination and inequality in our communities that have been augmented around the world in the last few weeks. As mothers of two little girls, it is our goal to instill strong ethics and morals into their value system so we understand the importance of playing our part in creating a world that stands for love, inclusivity, equality and diversity. These values are at the core of what Bloomeffects means to us and is something that we live by every single day. We have always had zero tolerance for racism, discrimination and hate towards anyone and will continue to do so. We understand that there is always room to grow and learn however, and we have taken this opportunity to do this with Bloomeffects.
In response to feedback from our Bloomeffects community as well as the wider community surrounding how we can support racially and culturally diverse communities, we are implementing the following actions:
- We will be donating 100% of profits from all sales on Bloomeffects.com this weekend, June 19th - June 22nd, to the Lower East Side Girls Club who is helping to educate and mentor the next generation of ethical, entrepreneurial, and environmental leaders. They are helping members to overcome adversity, perceive opportunity, develop self-confidence, make ethical decisions and healthy life choices, thrive academically, embrace leadership, and have the ability to enter college or the workforce as fully prepared and connected adults.
- As part of the #pullupforchange challenge we will continue to recruit a racially and culturally diverse team. We are both currently the only two full time employees at Bloomeffects both identifying as female - Kim, Asian/Australian, and Monica, White/American. We currently work with a group of very talented and diverse consultants and agencies from around the world.
- We will improve our website to feature more racially and culturally diverse people.
- We will continue to include even more racially and culturally diverse people as faces of our campaigns.
- We will be more conscious to work with a greater range of racially and culturally diverse influencers and collaborators. We have always worked with diverse collaborators and influencers and have made an effort to represent this across our online platform, however we believe that there can never be enough!
- We will continue to uphold our zero tolerance rule for racism, discrimination and hate within our brand and online community.
We have always, and always will, stand up against racism and discrimination and we encourage our community to do so as well. We are so lucky to have an all-inclusive community and we are so grateful for it!
Kim and Monica,
Co-founders of Bloomeffects